Sunday, December 30, 2012

Nail polish comparison

This post is a long time coming. I love nail polish so it is surprising I never blog bout it more often. But most of the time I have it on my tumblr. Link at the side.

So we shall compare this light lilac color which I love but always never get to buy for myself as I always prefer to get another pink. Follow by yellow and blue. Love pastels. Love purple but I never seem to purchase it in the end.

When I got this Revlon scented perfume in Gum Drop for Christmas (thank you guys), I was like haha finally I have a lilac color. I can finally do a full spring collection of pastels. Little did I remember, I actually have one at home.

I am talking about Zoya Miley. I bought it as I wanted to try out Zoya. It was alright but wasn't that great as it was a sheer jelly like polish. Not that jelly that can be layered, but more sheer and a pain to put on. Usually I have to put 3 thick coats and let it dry overnight to finally be opaque enough to use it.
So it is not advisable to use on real hand. Unless you don't mind the sheer finished. The texture is fine, it is just the finish I do not like, even though the color is so pretty. That is why I am glad I have a new varnish.
 
Unlike the rest of the scented perfume polish I got from Revlon, this one is not scented after drying. So that is the downside. But like most Revlon polishes, it is watery,dense and strangely easy to apply. The color is pretty. Pastel, soft and feminine. It is light as one coat and opaque after two. So it is buildable. I used two coats and it is not thick and dry lovely. Fast and doesn't fall off after three days. So it is a bonus.
 
While Zoya has a better lasting power, Miley is just too sheer. So if you are looking for a pretty lilac, you can try Revlon Gum Drop.

No comments: