Saturday, March 30, 2013

Lee's Taiwanese at the Star Vista

So I went out to the Star Vista. It was a very cool nice place. Mostly outdoors with plenty of restaurants/cafes. I feel that the only problem is that this is Singapore. The weather is hot most of the time. It is not pleasant to walk around. At first I thought it was near the MRT, end up you have to walk a short distance to reach your destination. Plus, it was not air-conditioned. So, it was really a bother. I know I am spoil but my expectation is more than what actually is. So I am greatly displease. 

After walking around the 3 story high, from B1 to level 2, we finally decided to eat at Lee's Taiwanese. It looked cozy with family of all ages. Pretty small dining place, with both outdoor and indoor seating. 

We decided to get the main courses, plus one set value, comprising of appetizer of the day + fruity drink/tea for an extra $6. They gave us paper and pencil and we tick the food we wanted to order. The menu is just a big piece of laminated paper/poster thing. The food came in a fairly normal time.
The food is alright. Limited choices, but I just feel, the lack of chili is making it not a fair trial. Cause I love my spicy food. And without it, everything just taste so-so. I mean you need to eat Mee Sua with chili right? Of course.
Pigs Intestine Mee Sua, $8
The noodles is alright but it is kind of steep. The beef is not that soft, and again I think it is not that spicy. I miss the one in HK, even though the last time I ate there it was pretty oily. But it is still nice. This one, just so-so. 
Taiwan Beef Noodles, $12
So this is the appetizer snow bean curd and seaweed. It's pretty small. I actually like bean curd as it is just so silky and smooth, yet very firm. It's like eating soft abalone. 
Snow Bean Curd, $3.80
The drink we got was the passionfruit greentea. It taste just like any passionfruit greentea out there. Damn, I feel like drinking it now.
After the food is served, they gave us the bill and wanted to us to pay on the sport. I mean, what if I wanted to order more food? Like maybe a glass of water which cost 20c. Plus GST and service charge, how much will that be? I do not like the straight away make payment concept. It is not like as if it is crowded and we will run away. 

I don't know. The whole experience in that place is just average. The seating is not that comfortable. More like Ya Kun place with the hard chair and you can just sit for a while type. The space was tiny but have room for movement, so it wasn't bad. The price is on the pricey side. I can get better nicer Mee Sua for half the price outside. The server only know Chinese? Well, that's my impression. Not much of a problem for me. 
So overall, I won't be coming back for sure. But you should check out Star Vista as there are plenty of food options to spoil your choice with. 

No comments: