Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Zouk Out 2013

I was there on day 2. I told my myself that this will be the last. Then again, old habit die hard. 

The day before I did not eat anything. Didn't want to get gastric, I forced myself to eat 2 slices of bread and a slice of ice cream. That was the biggest regret I made. I should had a proper meal. 

On the 14th, I woke up, made myself some toasts, a slice of bacon and 2 sausages. For dinner I ate half Alfredo pasta and 3 pieces of chicken tenders. The pasta was very creamy and made me super full. Back at the hotel, (we stayed at Siloso Beach Hotel again) I drank just a shot of vodka with redbull. I turned red. So vodka made me red easily. Will have to try with other beverages. Anyway, I was full and I don't to drink too much as the toilet will be so inconvenient. 

And off we went to queue. The queueing system was not that good. If you are in a big group, it's kind of an advantage for you. There wasn't really an order. As people just cut left and right and try to squeeze by you. But it wasn't that a big deal. Just quite annoying. 

Didn't managed to get much pictures. The sets was great. We went in at midnight and start of on Zedd. He was alright. I wasn't really into the music but I tried. And Rachel went off to toilet halfway. I was there trying to form a circle of bubble for myself. A space. Just enough for me to dance. 

The disadvantage of being short is that people don't see you. They think that it is space. So they tend to just walk to you and pass you. They just "dig" through to get to the other side. It was unpleasant. I am used to it. Clubbing and crowded places, I know how it will go down. That's why I made my bubble. Plus I actually like to move. So I need space. Unlike most people where all the do is bend their knees and jump. 

Anyway, other than the shoving, pushing, squeezing and stepping on your foot, it was alright. Tiany did get puked on so that suck for her. And there was a time when we walked back to the stage, there was human traffic and everyone kept shoving around. That was probably the closest thing to a fight during this event. 

Unlike 3 years ago which was my first ZoukOut, there was only 2 stages that day. And I wasn't in VIP so this time it's really just a concert for me. Last time, we still have a place to chill and wonder. I mean I can see people at different area chilling and partying with the "booth" music but or us, we really just hang out at the Moon Stage. 

I saw a couple of familiar faces but that was it. We were a party of 7 but it was always the 5 of us. So we lost out to everyone else. Plus we are not tall. not enough guys, not enough manpower. 
So this is us. All ready to party. 
This is the last picture I took that day. The blurry tiny pic of Dash Berlin. 

As always I learnt that it is better to go in a big group. Like a huge group. Cause it's really safety by the numbers. Unless you are tall then a couple of you is find. 
If you are there for the awesome DJs, then have guys friends. They protect you, they can carry you on their shoulders, they pave way for you. Body guards, the more the better. 
Pray for rain, cause it will be so hot. 
Eat. Eat the day before too. Cause for me I really run out of energy. I felt myself getting lethargic. It was like I need food. I need energy. Not because of alcohol but because I don't eat enough. I was waiting to faint, but that didn't happen, so it's good. But hunger, strike that, it wasn't hunger, just need energy, is painful. I wanted to dance and jump and move, but I felt getting drained out. So I wasn't as fun as I was supposedly to. 

For staying up all night, I was find with it as I usually sleep at 7am. But most people after Alesso started to go back. I don't know of they wanted to catch a taxi home and don't want to fight the crowd of what. I just cause clubs the latest end at 5am, and it was just the right time to go home. For me I can't bear to leave halfway as I would wonder. I had always pretty much stayed throughout at most parties, events and chalet I went to. Well as long as I don't have anything else going on. But ya, I did not stay the whole event, as my cousins went back, but I managed to catch Dash. I like his set, really nice songs to listen and chill. Plus if you can see him on the stage, he will be giving signals how his songs are like, be it high, going slow or just steady pace. So it was fun. He interacted with us. Oh by that time, the sky getting brighter and most people around are couples and they were smooching around and stuff. Cause his music is nice for couple. And I was just jealous of that. 
And I'm jealous of big group of people. 

As I said halfway this will be my last. But I probably am lying. I enjoy dancing and I like music. As long as I have enough energy I will go crazy. So Zouk Out is something I enjoy going. Not every month, but annually, it will be alright. But I will not be a student forever. So we shall see next year. 

This year, it was like a massive clubbing experience. A big scale of clubbing. And it was nice cause they go there for the music, majority of the people are, so there were no guys hitting on girls. It was safe. It was fun. There were lots of tourists too. We heard stories of how dangerous Zouk Out could be, but it wasn't like that this time. It was so much nicer. Compare to last time, it was slightly different. And I like to believe that I can move better now. But a fat chick will always be a fat chick. So there wasn't any signs telling you that you are great. I can't starve myself, but I am really tired of being the fat girl. Especially when everyone is in bikinis. 

Tsk tsk, at the end I still talk about my insecurities. Well done. Until I can be a forever desirable girlfriend, I will always complain. And it's my blog, I can type whatever I want. 
A focus photo. 

P.s. I kept trying to take photos with my arms raise high just to see the stage. 
P.s.s. there was a point of time when Tiany carried me so I can see the DJ. If not throughout his set, I don't see him at all. I can't remember who though. Was it Zedd?

No comments: