Monday, January 25, 2016

$20 a day challenge - week 4

Day 1
No time to eat anything except come home to dinner with ayam penyet. Then went supermarket buy fruits. 
Transport: $0.88
Food: ($8.50)
Others: $7.45
Total: $8.33 ($16.83)

Day 2
Transport: $2.58
Food: $5.50 ($18.50)
Total: $8.08 ($21.08)

Summary: $16.41 ($37.91)

Day 3
Ate with principals but spent the money on cab to work. 
Transport: $11.20
Food: ($3)

Summary: $27.61 ($52.11)

Rest of days
I am quite lazy to keep up with the daily spending. It's a bit troublesome to edit through here. It's easier to just write it on a piece of paper. But anyway, I did not go shopping. So there is no extra expenses. Did not eat big meal too. Oh, I did went to try out the Boston lobster from Song Fish, $28. On average, my spending is $5 a day. So we can say additional $48? Oh I did give a $20 for a wake. So $68. 

Total spending: $95.61 ($120.11)

Overall 
So for Jan, I spent $343.80 with the budget of $600. Or if I sort of pay for everything myself, I will have to spend $765.70. Which I think is quite good. Cause there are so many meals and actual spending that I never really take note. 

Bought my sis her wallet which I never take into account. Then there is my handphone bill, insurance payment and money spend on future traveling. I mean you sort of have to book your ticket in advance. 
There will be weddings and birthdays and  farewell parties and funerals. These cost money too. Going out for dinner and dates. No matter how budget you try to be, you still have to spend money. We can always go and eat at food court or buy $2 chicken rice. But I'm not sure how long till you actually get bored. 

In the end, it's possible to live under $20 a day, provided these things are only considered for food and travel by public transport. For $140 a week, you can spend a day eating something more expensive and the rest of the days spending it as little as possible. 

I will have to do this challenge when I live on my own. It will be a fairer test and better sense of reality. 

No comments: